Cooking Mama Meatless Friday
1:49 PMFor the love of cooking... but I'm not particularyly pertaining to myself. I have no cooking genes like my mom's. We know for a fact that it's a Catholic tradition not to eat meat on a Good Friday so I'd like share two (2) Good Friday dish recipes from her (Bebi).
A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.
ELSA SCHIAPARELLI, Shocking Life
ELSA SCHIAPARELLI, Shocking Life
I. Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
I envy my Bebi's handwriting
Ingredients needed
1.) Cook the pasta noodles according to directions on package
(Al dente)
(Al dente)
The anchovies we bought were already deboned
2.) Chop the olives coarsely
3.) wash the salt from the capers
4.) Fry Garlic, chili pepper in the oil (use olive oil) then add chopped tomatoes,
anchovies, salt & stir for 10 mins.
5.) (my mom added Classico tomato sauce) Add the chopped olives and capers to the sauce.
Pinch of oregano,parsely and salt.
Pinch of oregano,parsely and salt.
Then add in the pasta noodle
Done 40 mins. tops!
II. I don't know what to call this dish but let me see... Squimchi
INGREDIENTS
- Chopped garlic (4 cloves)
- Red onion (half )
- White onion (half)
- 3 pcs. chili pepper cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 120 g hoisin sauce
- A handful of Shiitake mushrooms
- A handful of Wood ear mushroom (Tenga ng daga)
- 1 pack Kimchi
- 4 pcs. Large squids (cut into several pieces & cut the tentacles into 1 inch pcs.)
- 3 bunches of Broccoli cut into 1 1/2 inch florets
TIP: it's good to season the garlic with salt and pepper beforehand 'cause it makes it more tastier
1.) Sautee onions, garlic, chili pepper, altogether. (around 5 - 10 mins)
Then add in the chili garlic sauce and hoisin sauce
2.) Add Squid. Cover with a lid (about 20 mins. until squid are tender)
3.) Stir in the Shiitake mushrooms, wood ear mushroom and kimchi.
and there you go...
SQUIMCHI
Good Friday Dish
End up having a Holy sumptuous meal
0 comments