Turning 28 and clearing paths

9:50 PM

Looking at my life, I have been constantly marking it with frustration and pain. Attempting to secure myself to the world, based on my own terms. Unknowingly, creating a permanent connection to the ever-changing world I live in. I came to realize that I cannot change the things that happened to me. Only acceptance is the sole answer to the numerous melancholy days. I used to think getting what I want will give me the guarantee that I will be able to attain absolute happiness. But it will never happen, not even in this lifetime or in the next. Even my so-called suffering brought by my constant useless craving and unbelievable expectations I would like others to conform to became too tiresome. Slowly and still an ongoing process, I continuously train myself to accept the fact that everything is "impermanent" (may it be our jobs, relationships, or material possessions) and living each day at a time (without thinking about my past and my imagined future) can bring such a huge relief. More so, that being egoless is something not to be taken lightly rather it's something to be practiced with full honesty. Allowing myself to move past the condition of preconceived notions that obscure my real self. Liberating my whole existence from earthly possessions and painful past that made me bitter for the longest time.

As I tread the path of the unknown, I was lucky enough to align myself with things and people that adds real value in my life. And of course, I'd still be encountering few miserable wastelands in life and it would appear hopeless at first. Not even a soul can guarantee that things will be okay in one fell swoop. But I know the possibility exists that there are certain things and people around me that will make me laugh and make me feel better. So now I am making a courageous choice; the choice of mindfully letting go of everything that's not meant to stay with me.



"Anything I left behind, will be left behind forever"



.


You Might Also Like

0 comments